It’s Valentines Day on Saturday and my hubby just loves chocolate. This beautiful, light, gluten-free macadamia brownie is just the treat to for him!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Macadamia Brownie
1 1/4 cups almond meal, plus extra for dusting
1 cup brown sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup coconut oil, plus extra for greasing
200g dark chocolate
1 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
2. In a bowl, stir together the almond meal, sugar, salt and baking soda until it becomes a sandy consistency.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs until they are light and frothy.
4. Melt coconut oil and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a double boiler, stirring constantly. When melted, remove and set aside to cool slightly.
5. Add the eggs and chocolate to the dry ingredients, then mix together by hand until well combined. Gently fold in the nuts as you’re mixing.
6. Grease a 20cm square tin with extra coconut oil, then line with baking paper.
7. Spread the brownie mix evenly throughout the tin. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean and the brownie springs back to the touch.
8. Enjoy with family and friends!
This recipe is courtesy of Sally Fitzgibbons amazing new book, Live Like Sally. Take the time to grab a copy of her book, it’s a fantastic read with great tips on healthy living and how she strives to maintain a top mental state as a professional athlete.