Food should be shared around a table, talking and laughing with family and friends. My neighbours are popping over for a cup of tea and my mum’s Coconut Banana Bread recipe, is perfect for this occasion. Enjoy!
Coconut Banana Bread
1 1/2 cups of sifted plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup desiccated coconut
270ml can coconut cream
1 cup mashed banana (ripe)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat a fan forced oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
2. Line a loaf pan with baking paper.
3. In one bowl mix together all the dry ingredients, in another mix all the wet.
4. Fold wet ingredients into the dry and mix gently.
5. Spoon into prepared loaf pan.
6. Bake for 1 1/4 hours.
7. Stand in the pan for ten minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
8. Best eaten warm, with goods friends and a lovely cup of tea!