What a beautiful day at My local Farmers Market! I couldn’t help but grab some of the beautiful beetroot and baby spinach.
Here’s a little lunch for you all to try!
Beautiful Beetroot, Walnut and Feta Salad
1/2 cup of Walnuts
1/2 cup of Baby Spinach
1 cup of cooked Lentils
1/4 finely diced Red Onion
1/2 block of Feta Cheese
1/2 cup of finely chopped Mint
Salt and Pepper to taste
Drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Boil beets in salted water for 45 minutes or until tender.
2. Refresh cooked beets in cold water. Remove skin and chop into small pieces.
3. Toss together all ingredients except Feta and Olive Oil.
4. Sprinkle Feta Cheese on top of salad.
5. Season with Salt and Pepper.
6. Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
This salad is packed with Omega 3 from the Walnuts and Vitamin H (Home cooked with Heart).